One, two, or three paddlers, the Sea Eagle 465ft FastTrack inflatable kayak is fast, lightweight, incredibly stable, and super durable. It is the best inflatable kayak in its class and perfect for families who paddle on flatwater lakes, bays, marshes, calm rivers, and whitewater up to Class II rapids.
Have kids like me? The stability of the 465ft FastTrack provides safety for those little ones. This kayak doesn’t flip or tip easily… With one-year-old and two-year-old girls, kayak stability provides great peace of mind!
Speaking of safety, with its almost indestructible construction and multiple inflation chambers, the Sea Eagle 465ft FastTrack is virtually unsinkable. If one of the inflation chambers is compromised, the remaining air chambers will keep the kayak afloat.
If you plan on kayaking whitewater greater than Class II rapids, the Sea Eagle Explorer series of inflatable kayaks are a better choice. Depending on the level of whitewater, the 465ft FastTrack and the 420x Explorer are the two best inflatable kayaks for families.
For a better understanding of the whitewater rating system, visit American Whitewater.
Check out the Sea Eagle 465ft at SeaEagle.com.
Pros and Cons of the Sea Eagle 465ft FastTrack
- Innovative design
- Excellent quality that is built to last through years of abuse
- One of the safest kayaks on the market
- External, state-of-the-art, high-pressure, inflatable, drop-stitch, NeedleKnife keel at the bow for improved tracking and faster, smoother paddling
- Removable skeg that firmly attaches with a retaining clip
- Handles a 12″ draft without having to take off the skeg
- Glides straight when you stop paddling
- The removable rigid, high-pressure, drop-stitch floor increases structural integrity, removes flex, and forms a stable, flat surface on which you can stand comfortably.
- The removable drop-stitch floor makes cleaning easier
- Top-quality air valves located in the bow of the kayak are easy to access and simple to service or replace
- Impossible to overinflate with the included pump that limits inflation to the proper PSI
- Sun and saltwater-resistant hull material
- High load capacity of 3 persons or 795 lbs. (Learn more about the weight limits of kayaks.)
- Ample storage with three people, plenty of legroom, and can carry gear for a multiday trip.
- Extremely durable 1000 Denier reinforced hull material with quadruple overlapped seams is thicker and more durable than other inflatable kayaks
- The kayak is NOT made of PVC air bladders covered in a denier shell. This improves weight and makes maintenance easier.
- The FastTrack’s smaller side chambers provide a low profile that reduces its chance of being blown around in high winds
- Front and rear spray skirts
- Quick inflation and easy setup
- Plenty of discount packages to choose from
- Ample number of accessories for customization
- Available tall back kayak seat with a low center of gravity and 4 adjustable straps improves stability and provides great back support
- 120-day risk-free trial
- 3-year limited warranty against any manufacturing defects
- Available 3-Year extended hull warranty
- Superb customer support
- Setup video in addition to printed instructions
- Not great in whitewater. It has a whitewater rating suitable up to Class II and lacks the maneuverability, floor drains, and more found in the Class IV-rated 420x Explorer Inflatable Kayak.
- This top-of-the-line kayak commands a higher price
- There is a performance decrease in inflatable kayaks when underinflated.
- No dry storage. A dry bag is needed or you might opt for the Sea Eagle Multi-Purpose Kayak Storage Box
- The skeg needs to be removed to improve maneuverability on rougher water
- Though the light grey boat color doesn’t get excessively hot in the summer sun, it shows stains more easily than the hunter green 385fta FastTrack Angler
- The standard AB30 and AB40 paddles can get heavy over time. Luckily, at 2.4 lbs each, the AB50 carbon fiber paddles in the 465ft FastTrack Pro Carbon Kayak Package are half the weight of the AB40.
About the Sea Eagle FastTrack Series
The Sea Eagle FastTrack series of inflatable kayaks are extremely well designed. The combination of FastTrack’s sleek, curved, touring shape and state-of-the-art “NeedleKnife Keel” provide a faster, smoother paddling experience than ever before!
The FastTrack’s large side tubes, rigid “NeedleKnife” molds at both bow and stern, and high-pressure Drop-Stitch keel provide a cleaner entry and exit through the water. These features allow FastTrack kayaks to paddle faster and easier with greater glide in a wide variety of open water conditions including waves, currents, and wind.
In addition to its performance, the Sea Eagle FastTrack series provides true rigid kayak performance with the benefits of an inflatable kayak. With the 385ft FastTrack and 465ft weighing 35 and 44 pounds respectively, they are a dream to lift in comparison to their hardshell counterpart which can weigh twice as much.
Best of all, FastTracks are inflatable making them easy to pack, store, and transport! No more struggling with roof racks! These Sea Eagle kayaks fit in the trunk of your car. Want to take your kayak on vacation? No problem! With the use of its carry bag, you can check any Sea Eagle kayak as luggage on a plane. How cool is that?!
- Sea Eagle FastTrack Inflatable Kayaks Compared
- Sea Eagle 385ft FastTrack Inflatable Kayak Review
- Sea Eagle 385fta FastTrack Angler Inflatable Kayak Review
Top, Front, and Side Views – Sea Eagle 465ft FastTrack Inflatable Kayak
Specifications for the Sea Eagle 465ft FastTrack Inflatable Kayak
|Best Use||Flatwater Lakes, Bays, Marshes, Calm Rivers, Whitewater up to Class II rapids|
|Skill Level||Beginner, Intermediate, Advanced|
|Cockpit Type||Sit-on-Top / Open Cockpit|
|Seating Configuration||Solo, Tandem|
|Paddler Size||Up to Large Adult|
|Hull Weight||44 lbs.|
|Interior||14′ 2″ x 18″|
|Load Capacity||3 Person or 795 lbs|
|Deflated||30″ x 19″ x 9″|
|Chambers||4 (Port, Starboard, Floor, Keel)|
|Air Valves||4 Recessed, One-Way Air Valves|
|Inflation time||8 min|
|Seam||Quadruple Overlapped Seams|
|Material||1000 Denier Reinforced|
|Floor||Removable, High-Pressure, Drop-Stitch Floor|
|Drain Valves||2 Open and Close Drain Valves|
|Whitewater Rating||Up to Class II|
|Inflation Pressure||3.2 psi|
|Engine Capacity||34 lb Thrust, Electric Motor (max engine weight 15 lbs)|
|Warranty||Limited 3-Year (standard), 3-Year Extended (extra)|
Standard Features of the Sea Eagle 465ft FastTrack Inflatable Kayak
Let’s look at some popular features of the Sea Eagle 465ft FastTrack inflatable kayak…
- NMMA Certified
- Sun and saltwater-resistant hull material
- Outside, state-of-the-art, high-pressure, inflatable, drop-stitch, NeedleKnife keel at the bow for improved tracking and faster, smoother paddling
- Front and rear spray skirts with carrying handles, storage below the skirts, and bungee cord lacing on top for storing additional gear above
- 20 D-rings to secure seats, accessories, and gear
- Separate inner, high-pressure, drop-stitch floor for greater rigidity
- Large, removable, sweptback, rear skeg for improved tracking and speed during flatwater touring
- 4 Recessed, one-way air valves
- 2 Screw type open and close drain valves
- Whitewater rating up to Class II
- Nylon carry bag
- Repair kit
- Printed owner’s manual with instructions
For a wealth of additional information, check out the Sea Eagle FastTrack Owner’s Manual. (Download PDF: 4.4MB)
Key Features of the Sea Eagle 465ft FastTrack Inflatable Kayak
The following key features set the Sea Eagle 465ft FastTrack inflatable kayak apart from the competition and deserve closer attention.
Sea Eagle’s Patented, Rigid, Drop-Stitch, Inflatable NeedleKnife Keel
The Sea Eagle 465ft FastTrack inflatable kayak has a unique external, rigid, drop-stitch, inflatable NeedleKnife keel. This high-performance design makes a noticeable difference in this kayak’s performance by allowing the FastTrack to paddle far faster and straighter than other inflatable kayaks.
The keel design features sharp bow and stern molds that efficiently cut through wind, currents, and waves for an impressively fast and super clean entry and exit! This design also provides buoyancy and lift to improve speed whether paddling or using an electric motor.
Sleek, Asymmetrical Shape
The Sea Eagle 465ft FastTrack inflatable kayak has a high-performance, asymmetrical shape. Its sleek design is tapered and narrow at the bow while being wider at the stern giving it the ability to cut through waves faster and easier while providing buoyancy at the set positions where it’s most needed.
Modular, Super-Rigid, Drop-Stitch Floor Provides Double Protection
The Sea Eagle 465ft FastTrack inflatable kayak has a unique modular design featuring an extremely rigid, high-pressure, drop-stitch floor that fits on top of an outer floor to increase structural integrity. (Note the figure above showing the FastTrack kayak with and without the drop-stitch floor.)
The rigid, high-pressure, drop-stitch floor provides great rigidity yielding unparalleled responsiveness while the reinforced, outside, fabric floor provides a double layer of protection to bounce off rocks, logs, and other objects leaving the extremely durable Sea Eagle FastTrack unscathed.
The creation of the drop-stitch floor involves the joining of two layers of poly-based fabric with tens of thousands of fine polyester threads. This forms the base layer of the floor to which an air-tight coating is applied. The result after inflation is a flat, rigid surface that greatly improves the stability and performance of the inflatable kayak.
The modular design also allows quick and easy removal of the drop-stitch floor for cleaning. It’s so much easier to thoroughly clean in the crevices of an inflatable kayak when the floor can be removed.
Large, Removable, Rear, Center Skeg
Another important design feature of the Sea Eagle 465ft FastTrack inflatable kayak is the large, removable, center skeg at the rear of the kayak which can easily be removed whether inflated or deflated to accommodate different water conditions and ease of storage.
Remove the kayak skeg for whitewater up to Class II or shallow water kayaking. You don’t want to be dragging the skeg along water bottoms, especially on rocky river bottoms.
For maximum paddling efficiency on flatwater, replace the skeg for reduced yawing, that annoying rotation to the left and right as you paddle. The skeg is an extremely important feature for improved tracking during long flatwater touring.
Sea Eagle 465ft FastTrack Discount Kayak Packages
The discount kayak packages for the Sea Eagle 465ft FastTrack inflatable kayak are designed to accommodate the needs of different types of paddlers. The basic accessories of each package are the foot pump, repair kit, kayak carrying bag, and easy-to-store kayak paddle(s) with drip rings for staying dry.
The quality of the seat, paddle, and accessories change between packages.
There is room for plenty of gear, the family dog, children, and a third seat in the 465ft FastTrack making it the perfect all-around kayak for families who want to experience everything from flatwater up to Class II rapids.
This kayak is on the to-buy list for my growing family. Check out why in the related article below.
Related Content: Best Inflatable Kayaks and Canoes for Families
Sea Eagle 465ft FastTrack – Deluxe 2-Person Kayak Package
The Deluxe 2-Person Kayak Package (Model Number 465FTK_D2) is a spacious, tandem, inflatable kayak package for all-around paddlers who want to experience everything from flatwater to Class II rapids.
Ride in style and comfort with the Deluxe 2-Person Package. Featuring two inflatable Deluxe Kayak Seats and two four-part, packable paddles.
Sea Eagle 465ft FastTrack – Deluxe Kayak Package
The Deluxe Kayak Package (Model Number 465FTK_D) is the perfect, 3-person, inflatable kayak package for all-around paddlers who want to experience everything from flatwater to Class II rapids.
This is the 3-person version of the 465ft FastTrack – Deluxe 2-Person Kayak Package.
Why not buy the 3-person package over the tandem version above? Then you’ll have the choice to set it up as a 1, 2, or 3-person kayak. You never know when you’ll want the extra seat for family and friends.
Sea Eagle 465ft FastTrack – Pro 2-Person Kayak Package
The Pro 2-Person Kayak Package (Model Number 465FTK_P2) is a very spacious, inflatable, tandem kayak with two contoured Tall Back Seats for extra back support on those longer trips and two four-part, high-performance, aluminum kayak paddles for improved efforts when padding.
Sea Eagle 465ft FastTrack – Pro Kayak Package
The Pro Kayak Package (Model Number 465FTK_P) is the perfect, 3-person, inflatable, tandem kayak with three contoured Tall Back Seats for extra back support on those longer trips and three four-part, high-performance, aluminum kayak paddles for improved efforts when padding.
Sea Eagle 465ft FastTrack – Pro Carbon Kayak Package
The Pro Carbon Kayak Package (Model Number 465FTK_PC) is the Pro Kayak Package with upgraded, high-end Carbon-Fiber Paddles.
At just 2.4 lbs., the AB50 carbon fiber paddles are each a half-pound lighter than an AB40 paddle. This savings in paddle weight helps reduce fatigue on longer paddling trips.
Sea Eagle 465ft FastTrack – Pro Motor Kayak Package
Get ready to relax on the water with speed, style, and comfort in the Pro Motor Kayak Package (Model Number 465FTK_PM). If you want to cover a lot of water without overexerting yourself, this is the way to go!
With this kayak package, you’ll have the best of both worlds. Paddle when you want, or attach the electric motor, and zip along.
Sea Eagle 465ft FastTrack – QuikRow Kayak Package
The QuikRow Kayak Package (Model Number 465FTK_QR) offers paddling, fishing, and rowing all in one package and it still fits in the trunk of your car!
The rowing kayak package has 5 configuration options:
- Solo kayak
- 2-person kayak
- 4- person kayak if you buy a third seat
- Solo rowing kayak
- Rowing kayak with a passenger seat (as shown)
Electric Motors for the Sea Eagle 465ft FastTrack Inflatable Kayak
An electric motor on a kayak can be a huge plus and a lot of fun especially if you are going to cover a lot of territory.
In order to mount an electric motor to a Sea Eagle 465ft FastTrack inflatable kayak, you’ll need a Sea Eagle motor mount (Item Number: MMKAYAK).
Once you have the motor mount installed on your kayak, attaching one of three recommended electric motors is simple.
- Watersnake Venom SX 34lb Thrust Electric Motor for Fresh and Saltwater
- Watersnake Asp T24 Electric Motor for Fresh and Saltwater
- Minn Kota Endura 30 for Freshwater
Personal Flotation Device (PFD): Always carry a United States Coast Guard (USCG) approved PFD and children under 12 should always wear a PFD. PFDs are a boating safety necessity and are required by law on government waters.
Dry Bags: The Sea Eagle 465ft FastTrack lacks a watertight storage area making dry bags necessary for keeping gear safe and dry.
Popular Accessories for the Sea Eagle 465ft FastTrack
There are a lot of great accessories that can be added to the Sea Eagle 465ft FastTrack. Here are some popular ones you might consider.
There’s always something we want to keep dry secure and off the bottom of the lake or river. Dry bags are the answer for keeping your wallet, lunch, clothes, medications, and more safe and dry while out on the water.
Scotty accessories are incredibly popular. Fishing rod holders, cup holders, Go Pro mounts, mounts for fish finders, and more… Scotty has you covered. Just attach your desired accessory to one of the two Universal Scotty Mounting Pads.
If Sea Eagle Boats doesn’t carry the Scotty accessory you’re looking for, OutdoorPlay will.
The BTP Two-Stage Electric Turbo Pump with Battery can make inflation even easier. There are two versions of the pump with or without the battery. The one you need will depend on where you’ll be pumping up your FastCat.
Sea Eagle EZ-Cart
If you are by yourself or have to go far to get to your put-in, a Sea Eagle EZ-Cart will be of great help especially if you have your boat loaded with gear.
Mushroom Anchor Kit
Minn Kota Trolling Motor Power Center
If you plan to use an electric motor with your Sea Eagle, I’d recommend the Minn Kota Trolling Motor Power Center. The Power Center fits 24 and 27-size batteries and allows easy access to external battery terminals without the need to open the box to access the battery directly.
The Power Center includes:
- LED battery meter display
- Two 12-volt cigarette lighter-style plugs for accessories
- Two manual reset circuit breakers. A 15 amp for the accessory plugs and a 60 amp for the trolling motor.
Sea Eagle 465ft FastTrack inflatable kayaks are certified by the National Marine Manufacturers Association (NMMA) confirming that the FastTrack lineup of kayaks has been manufactured to meet the American Boat and Yacht Council (ABYC) standards for design, construction, and safety.
Sea Eagle FastTrack Inflatable Kayak Instructional Videos
The following video from Sea Eagle demonstrates the ease of setup and inflation of a Sea Eagle FastTrack inflatable kayak.
Who Are Sea Eagle Boats?
Sea Eagle Boats is a family-owned and run company located in New York. They have had a stellar reputation for making high-quality inflatable boats since 1968 and each of the boats in their lineup is a testimony to their excellence in the inflatable boat industry.
Sea Eagle Boats are lightweight, extremely durable, compact, easy to carry and transport, and above all fun! These inflatable boats pack down into carrying bags and can be stowed as luggage when traveling or stored in a car, SUV, van, truck, RV, or yacht. You can get Sea Eagles to almost any body of water for leisure, recreation, fishing, tending, rescue, and more.
Sea Eagle Guarantee and Warranties
Sea Eagle 4-Month Trial Guarantee: Try a Sea Eagle Risk-Free for 120 days! “If you’re not totally happy with your boat, just return it in good condition for a full refund of your purchase price.”
Sea Eagle 3-Year Limited Warranty: 3-year limited warranty against any manufacturing defects.
Sea Eagle 3-Year Extended Hull Warranty: In addition to the limited 3-year warranty, Sea Eagle offers a 3-Year Extended Hull Warranty to give you 6 years of total warranty against any manufacturing defects.
The Sea Eagle 465ft FastTrack inflatable kayak is my top choice for a family kayak!
If you are looking for a true family kayak, this is it! There aren’t many 3-person kayaks out there and there’s still room for a little kid to ride along too. Or the family dog.
The Sea Eagle 465ft FastTrack inflatable kayak is an impressive 1, 2, or 3-person kayak with rigidity, tracking performance, and top-notch speed that rivals any hardshell kayak in its class.
This kayak has it all with the added benefit of being inflatable!
No more bulky, heavy, plastic kayaks that are difficult to store and transport! These FastTrack kayaks with their superior technology are lighter and easier to handle than a hardshell kayak! The 465 FastTrack is light, easy to transport, folds up to fit in the trunk of your car, and compactly stores away in a corner of the garage or closet in your home.
The FastTrack kayak’s best use is for flatwater or slow-moving rivers of Class II or less. They don’t handle rougher waters well. The Sea Eagle Explorer would be better if you are looking for an inflatable kayak that can handle up to a Class IV whitewater rating.
The FastTrack 385 vs 465
The 385ft FastTrack and the 385fta Fastrack (angler version) are 12′ 6″ in length. This length is great for one or two-person use. If you want a kayak that fits 3-people and the family dog or you are tall and need extra leg room when paddling in tandem or need more room for gear on a multiday paddling trip, look at the 15’3″ 465ft FastTrack. It has a load capacity of 3 persons or 795 lbs. That’s 160 extra pounds!