The World’s first patented, high-pressure, all drop-stitch, inflatable canoe is making its mark on the paddling industry!
Sea Eagle has perfected an inflatable canoe that provides the shape and performance of traditional canoes with the safety and convenience of an inflatable. The Sea Eagle inflatable Travel Canoe 16 is the first of its kind using drop-stitch technology with a sharp entry bow mold and smooth exit stern mold.
Why is it called a Travel Canoe 16? It’s 16 feet in length yet it folds up to a compact 40″ x 24″ x 16″ when deflated. With a weight of just 65 lbs, the Travel Canoe can be taken almost anywhere. You can even check it in as baggage at the airport and travel with it on a plane to your vacation destination.
It’s time to say goodbye to those heavy, unstable, traditional canoes that are hard to store and transport. No need for an expensive roof rack or trailer. The Sea Eagle inflatable Travel Canoe 16 fits in the trunk of a car and sets up in 7-9 minutes. They are easy to store too! A small spot in a closet or garage is all you need.
- Sea Eagle Inflatable Sport Kayaks Compared
- Sea Eagle Explorer Inflatable Kayaks Compared
- Sea Eagle RazorLite Inflatable Kayaks Compared
- Sea Eagle FastTrack Inflatable Kayaks Compared
20 Advantages of the 16ft Sea Eagle Inflatable Travel Canoe
The Sea Eagle inflatable Travel Canoe offers unique advantages. Many of these exceed the capabilities of traditional canoes…
- This inflatable canoe isn’t formed of big, puffy tubes. All drop-stitch construction allows the Travel Canoe to have 3″ thick inflatable sidewalls that achieve the shape and performance of a traditional canoe without losing space.
- It can seat 3 people and has a load capacity of 915 pounds. That leaves a lot of room for gear. Yet, it packs down to a fraction of its inflated size (40″ x 24″ x 16″) and fits into its carry bag for easy transport.
- Incredibly rugged drop-stitch construction with extra reinforced layers of Denier fabric on the full length of the floor for strength and durability.
- Takes only 7-9 minutes to inflate.
- Rated for up to Class IV whitewater.
- Being inflatable and naturally buoyant, it won’t sink if flipped. This is a huge safety feature, especially when paddling on whitewater!
- Three air chambers provide safety by ensuring the canoe won’t sink. If by some freak accident an air chamber fails, the remaining chambers will keep it afloat.
- Being far more stable than traditional canoes, the Travel Canoe can be paddled while standing up like a stand-up paddleboard (SUP).
- In the unlikely event of tipping, you can easily get back in because it remains afloat. See the “Sea Eagle Inflatable Travel Canoe Instructional Videos” section below for a how-to video on re-entering.
- Anti-skid, EVA foam, diamond-deck pads on the canoe floor improves footing.
- At just 65 pounds (33% lighter than comparable rigid canoes), this canoe is light to carry.
- Disassembly, deflation, and storage are fast and simple. Just open the 3 air valves, remove the seats, roll up the canoe, and stow it all in the carry bag.
- Stows away in a closet or on a shelf in the garage.
- The Travel Canoe is the only 16-foot canoe that can be carried in a car, SUV, flatbed truck, RV, or small airplane.
- It can be checked as baggage at the airport.
- This canoe is fast! Its unique design allows it to go up to 5 mph with one or two paddlers. The bow and stern molds and the full-length, flat planing surface are designed to cut through the water and create lift. This reduces drag so the Tavel Canoe can glide along the surface of the water.
- It has a removable, sweptback skeg for improved tracking on open water.
- Four, easy open and close, drain valves can be opened to drain out water when needed.
- It has four carry handles for easy transport, one each at the bow and stern for a two-person carry and on each side of the cockpit in the middle for a one-person carry.
- Don’t want to carry the Travel Canoe? The EZCart can be used to roll the canoe from its set-up location to the put-in.
Top, Front, and Side Views – Sea Eagle Travel Canoe 16
Specifications for the Sea Eagle Inflatable Travel Canoe 16
|Best Use||Flatwater Lakes, Bays, Marshes, Ocean, Rivers, Whitewater up to Class IV Rapids|
|Skill Level||Beginner, Intermediate, Advanced|
|Seating Configuration||Solo, Tandem, 3-Person|
|Paddler Size||Up to 3 Large Adults|
|Hull Weight||65 lbs|
|Interior||15′ 2″ x 25″|
|Load Capacity||915 lbs|
|Deflated||40″ x 24″ x 16″|
|Chambers||3 (Port, Starboard, Floor)|
|Air Valves||3 Recessed, One-Way Air Valves|
|Inflation Time||7-9 Minutes|
|Material||1000 Denier Reinforced|
|Tube Dimensions||Gunwales: 20″ High at Bow & Stern, 15″ High at Center. Gunwales & Floor: 3″ Thick|
|Whitewater Rating||Up to Class IV|
|Inflation Pressure||Up to 10 psi|
|Warranty||Limited 3-Year (standard), 3-Year Extended (extra)|
Standard Features of the Sea Eagle Inflatable Travel Canoe 16
- NMMA Certified
- Patented high-pressure all drop-stitch construction with bow and stern molds to improve speed and tracking
- Floor with double-wall construction for strength, rigidity, and resistance to punctures and abrasion
- 2 Diamond-patterned, anti-skid, EVA foam deck pads
- 3 Separate high-pressure drop-stitch chambers for added safety
- Inflates to 10 psi for hard hull performance
- Removable traditional canoe wood/web seats
- Removable, rear skeg for improved tracking and speed
- Front and rear spray skirts with carrying handles
- 4 Open and close drain valves
- 6 D-Rings for securing optional inflatable seats, accessories, or gear
- 2 Center carry handles
- 3 Recessed, Halkey Roberts style, one-way air valves
- Nylon carry bag
- Whitewater rating up to Class IV
- Printed owner’s manual with instructions
For a wealth of additional information, check out the Sea Eagle Tavel Canoe Owner’s Manual. (Download PDF: 0.8MB)
Key Features of the Sea Eagle Inflatable Travel Canoe 16
The following key features help us better understand the design and function of the Sea Eagle inflatable TC16 Travel Canoe.
Sea Eagle’s Patented, All Drop-Stitch Construction
The Sea Eagle inflatable Travel Canoes are made entirely with drop-stitch construction technology which yields a high-performance, tough-as-nails, incredibly rigid, ultra-light canoe that’s a thrill to paddle. The floor is so rigid that you can stand up in the canoe and paddle similar to a stand-up paddleboard (SUP).
Sea Eagle’s drop-stitch material is created by joining the top and bottom fabric layers with tens of thousands of high-tensile strength threads. This increases the canoe’s rigidity by enabling the canoe floor and sidewalls to be inflated to 10 psi, much higher than the 3-4 psi inflation pressure of other inflatable boats.
The flat, 3″ thick, high-pressure, inflatable, drop-stitch sidewalls are 20″ tall at the highest points and are set at a 15° angle to the 16′ long x 25″ wide x 3″ thick, rigid, high-pressure, inflatable, drop-stitch floor. This provides incredible primary and secondary stability that far exceeds the stability of traditional, rigid canoes.
Inherent Buoyancy Makes Travel Canoes Safer
Unlike traditional canoes, the Sea Eagle inflatable Travel Canoe has inherent buoyancy due to the three air chambers (the floor and two sides). The Travel Canoe will not sink while adhering to proper specifications and due to the added buoyancy of being inflatable you can load hundreds of pounds of gear and supplies and still be able to paddle and maneuver with ease.
Triple Stability and Improved Tracking of the Travel Canoe
All canoes have some form of primary and secondary stability. The Sea Eagle inflatable Travel Canoe has three forms of stability making it far more stable than many traditional canoes.
The double chines along with the canoe’s flat bottom contribute to the boat’s stability, speed, and tracking. The first chine is formed where the floor meets the sidewalls. The second chine comes from the angle of the sidewalls.
Primary stability comes from the flat bottom while secondary stability comes from the first chine and additional stability from the second chine.
The Sea Eagle inflatable Travel Canoe’s three forms of stability:
- Primary stability comes from the flat bottom.
- The first chine formed where the floor meets the sidewalls.
- The second chine from the angle of the sidewalls.
Speed and Tracking Improvements with Bow And Stern Molds and Removable, Rear Skeg
Bow And Stern Molds
Sea Eagle inflatable Travel Canoe features rigid bow and stern molds made of durable plastic that cut through the water, waves, currents, and wind while creating lift to reduce drag and friction. This results in increased speed.
When deflated for storage, the bow and stern molds easily roll up with the canoe.
Rear, Removable Skeg
The large, removable rear skeg improves speed and tracking by reducing yaw making forward motion far more efficient.
The skeg is best suited for open water and in windy weather but isn’t needed when paddling with J-stokes and should be removed when paddling on whitewater.
Diamond Deck Pads for More Secure Footing and Greater Durability
The Sea Eagle inflatable Travel Canoe has an added layer of diamond pattern, non-slip, EVA foam decking. The diamond deck pads provide comfort along with safe and secure footing when getting in and out of the canoe or when standing up to paddle or fish. The layer also protects against abrasions, abuse from gear, and sharp fins and hooks when fishing.
Fits in the Trunk of a Small Car
At only 65 pounds, the Sea Eagle inflatable Travel Canoe is 33% lighter than comparable traditional canoes. Yet, it packs down to a fourth of its inflated size (40″ x 24″ x 16″) to fit in its carry bag for easy transport.
The compact, deflated size of the Travel Canoe eliminates the need for a roof rack or trailer. Just toss it in the trunk of a small car, SUV, flatbed truck, RV, or small airplane and head out on your canoe trip. When not in use, it conveniently stores away in a closet or on a shelf in the garage.
Sea Eagle Inflatable Travel Canoe 16 Discount Packages
The Travel Canoe now comes with traditional wood/web seats, a high-pressure pump with a pressure gauge, a repair kit, and a carry bag.
The number of seats and accessories change between the packages to best meet your needs.
All drop-stitch, inflatable canoe seats are available as an add-on option. I’d recommend adding these seats to any of the packages below. They are far better on whitewater and the back support is far better for you if you have a bad back like me.
Sea Eagle Inflatable Travel Canoe 16 – Wood/Web Seats Basic Canoe Package
The Wood/Web Seats Basic Canoe Package (Model Number TC16K_BW) with its traditional wood/web seating option is a perfect tandem paddling choice for those who have their own paddles.
Sea Eagle Inflatable Travel Canoe 16 – Wood/Web Seats 2-Person Start-Up Canoe Package
The Wood/Web Seats 2-Person Start-Up Canoe Package (Model Number TC16K_STW) is the basic package with paddles. It has the basics covered if you’re new to canoeing or want an all-new setup.
Sea Eagle Inflatable Travel Canoe 16 – Wood/Web Seats Electric Pump Canoe Package
The Wood/Web Seats Electric Pump Canoe Package (Model Number TC16K_EPW) adds in an electric pump for faster, virtually effortless inflation.
Sea Eagle Inflatable Travel Canoe 16 – Wood/Web Seats Electric Pump for 3 Paddler Canoe Package
Now we’re talking! The Wood/Web Seats Electric Pump for 3 Paddler Canoe Package (Model Number TC16K_EP3W) is set up for family and friends! Three sitting options, three paddles, and both a manual and electric pump. If you don’t want the third seat, leave it out for more legroom or room for gear. This package has it all!
Personal Flotation Device (PFD): Always carry a United States Coast Guard (USCG) approved PFD and children under 12 should always wear a PFD. PFDs are a boating safety necessity and are required by law on government waters.
Dry Bags: Sea Eagle inflatable Travel Canoes lack a watertight storage area making dry bags necessary for keeping gear safe and dry.
Sea Eagle Travel Canoes are certified by the National Marine Manufacturers Association (NMMA) confirming that these canoes have been manufactured to meet the American Boat and Yacht Council (ABYC) standards for design, construction, and safety.
Sea Eagle Inflatable Sport Kayak Instructions
Instructions and Owners Manuals
Looking to buy a Travel Canoe? Checking out the Sea Eagle inflatable Tavel Canoe instructions and owner’s manuals will give you valuable information for making a decision.
Instructions and Owners Manual for the Sea Eagle Inflatable Travel Canoe with Wood/Web Seats: TC16W. (Download PDF: 0.8MB)
Sea Eagle Inflatable Travel Canoe Instructional Videos
These videos from Sea Eagle demonstrate the ease of operating Sea Eagle Travel Canoes. Inflation, setup, operation, breaking down, deflation, storing, and more are covered.
Who Are Sea Eagle Boats?
Sea Eagle Boats is a family-owned and run company located in New York. They have had a stellar reputation for making high-quality inflatable boats since 1968 and each of the boats in their lineup is a testimony to their excellence in the inflatable boat industry.
Sea Eagle Boats are lightweight, extremely durable, compact, easy to carry and transport, and above all fun! These inflatable boats pack down into carry bags and can be stowed as luggage when traveling or stored in a car, SUV, van, truck, RV, or yacht. You can get Sea Eagles to almost any body of water for leisure, recreation, fishing, tending, rescue, and more.
Sea Eagle Guarantee and Warranties
Sea Eagle 4-Month Trial Guarantee: Try a Sea Eagle Risk-Free for 120 days! “If you’re not totally happy with your boat, just return it in good condition for a full refund of your purchase price.”
Sea Eagle 3-Year Limited Warranty: 3-year limited warranty against any manufacturing defects.
Sea Eagle 3-Year Extended Hull Warranty: In addition to the limited 3-year warranty, Sea Eagle offers a 3-Year Extended Hull Warranty to give you 6 years of total warranty against any manufacturing defects.
Sea Eagle has reinvented the traditional canoe! The spaciously designed Sea Eagle inflatable Travel Canoe TC16 offers greater safety, incredible stability, and incomparable portability without a sacrifice in performance.
No more bulky, heavy, canoes that are difficult to store and transport! The Travel Canoe with its superior technology is lighter, safer, and easier to handle! Being safer is the biggest advantage if you have a small child like me.
The lack of a canoe package with inflatable seats is my only complaint. Sea Eagle builds up the wood/web seats as superior and traditional but they are not an advantage when on whitewater or for anyone with a bad back. If you want back support, have a bad back, or if you’ll be on a lot of long canoe trips, consider buying the inflatable canoe seats too.
With the Sea Eagle inflatable Travel Canoe, you’ll be ready for any adventure!