Disclosure: I am compensated for purchases made through some links on this site. Click for details.
The Sea Eagle Rescue14 Sport Runabout is a beefed-up version of the 14ft Sport Runabout in high-visibility, bright orange for easy recognition during rescue operations. The Rescue14 is specifically designed for emergency rescue personnel and holds 7 adults and a maximum load capacity of 2000 lbs. (907 kgs.).
Emergency management teams the world over depend on this boat daily and you can too!
Sea Eagle has been making high-quality inflatable boats since 1968. They have been making the Sport Runabout for over 24 years.
Sea Eagle takes saving lives very seriously and has designed the Rescue14 Sport Runabout for heroic rescues to be proud of!
Let’s take an in-depth look at the features and capabilities of this amazing rescue boat.
- Sea Eagle Sport Runabout Inflatable Boats Compared
- Sea Eagle 10’6″ Sport Runabout Inflatable Boat Review
- Sea Eagle 12’6″ Sport Runabout Inflatable Boat Review
- Sea Eagle 14′ Sport Runabout Inflatable Boat Review
About Sea Eagle Sport Runabout Inflatable Boats
The first Sea Eagle Sport Runabouts came out in 1997. Over the last 24 years, Sea Eagle has never stopped testing and making improvements to these remarkable inflatable boats. The Sport Runabout has been tested in all sorts of conditions from 300-mile ocean trips with extreme conditions from 10 to 12-foot ocean waves in violent thunderstorms to fire and flood rescue work.
The Sea Eagle Sport Runabouts are lightweight and fold down into a size that is easily stowed in an RV, camper, SUV, or below deck in your sailboat or yacht. The portability and ease of stowing of these boats are their greatest advantage.
From year to year, these inflatable boats have weathered all sorts of conditions proving they are safe and seaworthy. They are truly the best, time-tested, boats of their kind in the world!
Sea Eagle Sport Runabout Inflatable Boats Are Performance Enhanced
Sea Eagle Sport Runabouts are not only safe and seaworthy they are performance enhanced. Twelve years ago, Sea Eagle introduced their patented, outside, drop-stitch, inflatable keel. Unlike the internal, inflatable keel that is in use in all other inflatable sports boats, Sea Eagle’s outside, high-pressure keel turns sharper and more precisely, provides faster planing, and increases stability in all water conditions.
Floor Choices for the Sea Eagle Sport Runabout Inflatable Boats
There are two different floor choices when selecting a Sport Runabout the rigid, drop-stitch, high-pressure, inflatable floor with EVA footpads or the molded plastic floorboards.
If you want a Sport Runabout that is lighter, more portable, and easier to stow, set up, and takedown, then you’ll want the inflatable floors. If you want a more rigid boat that handles larger motors better, then the plastic floorboard system is your best choice. Both floors offer excellent performance, but the plastic floorboards are better for outboard motors over 20 hp.
Sport Runabouts are great all-around boats for fishing, diving, recreational use, sailboat or yacht tender, rescue, and more. They can go almost anywhere there’s water… lakes, bays, open oceans… These boats do it all!
Top, Front, and Side Views – Sea Eagle Rescue14 Sport Runabout Inflatable Boat
Specifications for the Sea Eagle Rescue14 Sport Runabout Inflatable Boat
|Exterior||14′ x 6′|
|Interior||9′ 9″ x 2′ 8″|
|Hull Weight||120 lbs hull (158 lbs with inflatable floor, 186 lbs with plastic floorboards)|
|Load Capacity||7 Adults or 2000 lbs|
|Deflated||46″ x 26″ x 14″ (hull), 40″ x 32″ x 5″ (floorboards)|
|Chambers||5 (port, starboard, bow, keel, & drop-stitch floor)|
|Air Valves||5 Recessed, One-Way Air Valves|
|Inflation time||25 min with the inflatable floor or 35 min with plastic floorboards|
|Seam||Glued, Quadruple Overlap|
|Material||1000 Denier Reinforced|
|Engine Capacity||25 hp (w/ inflatable floor), 40 hp (w/ floorboards), 175 lbs max weight, 15″ shaft, gas engine|
|Floor||Inflatable Floor (30 lbs), Plastic Floorboards (66 lbs)|
|Speed Estimates||25 hp (20 mph w/ 2 adults, 15 mph w/ 4 adults), 40 hp (30 mph w/ 2 adults, 25 mph w/ 4 adults)|
|Inflation Pressure||Tubes 3.2 psi, Inflatable Floor 7psi|
Standard Features of the Sea Eagle Rescue14 Sport Runabout Inflatable Boat
- NMMA & CE Certified
- Smooth rounded hull shape reduces drag and provides more efficient motoring
- Wide beam hull design for stability and added capacity
- Extra-wide 360° industrial 6″ ribbed rubber bumper strip around the hull for added protection
- 4″ Patented external drop-stitch inflatable keel with keel guard rubbing strake for extra protection and precise maneuvering
- Double layer carbon fiber reinforced inflatable floor
- Rounded rear pontoons for rapid planing and improved bow control
- Extended double-layered 1000 denier underside hull protection for greatest abrasion and puncture resistance
- 17 High visibility reflecting strips
- Splash guards on transom to prevent water from entering the boat
- 4 Easy open or shut, self-bailing drain valves located inside of the transom for easy access and fast draining
- 5/8″ grab line with safety loops along sides for added safety and ease of re-entry
- Rubbing strake around hull for extra protection
- Four external multi-use heavy-duty stainless steel D-ring attachment points
- Three internal multi-use heavy-duty stainless steel D-ring attachment points
- Six industrial-strength carry handles
- Front lifting handle
- Oars clasp firmly to side tubes
- Pop up oarlocks for instant use
- Nylon carry bag, manual pump, BTP electric pump, 2 adjustable paddles, and repair kit
Key Features of the Sea Eagle Rescue14 Sport Runabout Inflatable Boat
Multiple Extra Heavy-Duty D-rings
The ability to rely on properly-positioned anchor points is a must during emergency rescues.
The Rescue14 Sport Runabout has 7 extra heavy-duty, reinforced, D-ring attachment points that are securely positioned to provide your complete control during an emergency, water rescue.
The Rescue14 has an extra-wide, extremely durable 6″ rubbing strake for added protection from floating debris, trees, rocks, structures, landings, and emergency rescue equipment during emergency, water rescues.
5/8″ Grab Line / Hogging
The grab line is your lifeline on a rescue boat. It must not break!
Grab lines are traditionally fed through small D-rings that can break loose. These weaknesses don’t exist in the Sea Eagle Rescue14 Sport Runabout.
The Rescue14 has a superior attachment system where a 5/8″ grab line is threaded through high-strength, saltwater-resistant, metal grommets and then through and is secured to a double-layered, 3mm thick, perimeter hogging. This design displaces the load on the grab line over a wider surface area to provide the Rescue14 with the strongest, inflatable, anchor points on the market.
360° High-Visibility Reflective Tape
Being visible on the water to victims and rescue teams is of utmost importance.
Sea Eagle’s 360° High-Visibility Reflective Tape will ensure that you won’t be missed or lost from view with
Patented External RIK (Rigid, Inflatable, Keel)
The Sea Eagle Rescue14 Sport Runabout has an outside drop-stitch, inflatable keel instead of having an internal keel like other transom boats. The outside keel improves the boat’s performance by making it more precise, responsive, and stable in all water conditions.
- The keel gives the Rescue14 Sport Runabout its superb ability to turn sharply and precisely. An advantageous feature when coming to a dock, motoring in crowded harbors, and during water rescues.
- The inflatable keel increases buoyancy of the bow for a smooth ride over waves instead of crashing through waves.
- The improved buoyancy of the bow in combination with the large rounded tubes in the stern gets the boat up on a plane faster.
High-volume Drain Valves
No need to worry about getting swamped in a Sea Eagle Rescue14 Sport Runabout. Four high-volume easy to reach, open, and close drain valves will keep the water drained and the boat afloat in the worst conditions
Rigid, High-Pressure, Drop-Stitch, Inflatable Floor
The Sea Eagle Rescue14 Sport Runabout with the rigid, high-pressure, drop-stitch, inflatable floor is lighter, easier to transport and store, and has a faster setup time than the molded plastic floorboard.
Drop-stitch technology allows the floor to be inflated to an incredible 7psi. This adds to the structural strength of the boat and provides a sturdy floor on which to stand while non-slip EVA foam footpads secure footing and improve durability.
Benefits for the Sea Eagle Rescue14 Sport Runabout Inflatable Floor:
- 10 minute faster setup over the plastic floorboards
- The boat is 28 lbs lighter with the inflatable floor
- The inflatable floor simply rolls up with the boat for easy storage. The convenience of which makes the boat easy to unroll, inflate, and get out on the water!
- The Rescue14 Sport Runabout with the inflatable floor is self-bailing, just leave the drains open and the shape of the drop-stitch floor will direct the water out as it enters the boat.
- Motor performance is excellent when using a lightweight 9.9 hp to 25 hp short raft motor.
Molded Plastic Floorboards
The molded plastic floorboard for the Sea Eagle Rescue14 Sport Runabout provides superior structural strength, durability, and rigidity over the inflatable floor.
Its plastic floorboards offer an extremely stable platform for standing and they are virtually unbreakable. They are also impervious to the sun, saltwater, and chemicals. They don’t delaminate and deteriorate like plywood floors and they won’t dent up like aluminum floors.
Sea Eagle Rescue14 Sport Runabout Inflatable Boat Discount Packages
Currently, there is only one discount package for the Rescue14 Sport Runabout.
Sea Eagle Rescue14 Sport Runabout – Rescue Package
- Rescue14 Hull
- Rescue14 – 6″ Inflatable Drop-Stitch Floor
- Two Canoe Paddles
- BTP Electric Pump
- Auto Dual Action Pump
- Large Boat Carry Bag
- Repair Kit
The Sea Eagle Rescue14 Sport Runabout Inflatable Boats have met the manufacturing standards of the American Boat and Yacht Council (ABYC) for design, construction, and safety and have been certified by the National Marine Manufacturers Association (NMMA).
Sea Eagle Guarantee and Warranties
Sea Eagle 4-Month Trial Guarantee: Try a Sea Eagle Risk-Free for 120 days! “If you’re not totally happy with your boat, just return it in good condition for a full refund of your purchase price.”
Sea Eagle 3-Year Limited Warranty: 3-year limited warranty against any manufacturing defects.
Sea Eagle 3-Year Extended Hull Warranty: In addition to the limited 3-year warranty, Sea Eagle offers a 3-Year Extended Hull Warranty to give you 6-years of total warranty against any manufacturing defects.