Disclosure: I am compensated for purchases made through some links on this site. Click for details.
The PackFish 7 is Sea Eagle’s smallest fishing boat. At 7′ x 3′ 3″ and 22 pounds, this ultralight, inflatable boat is extremely portable. When deflated, it packs down into a compact 5″ x 20″ x 20″ to easily fit in its own backpack. You can carry the PackFish anywhere even stow it as luggage on a plane.
Imagine! This boat can get you to remote places other anglers only dream of fishing! Backpack with the PackFish to remote lakes, ponds, bays, creeks, and rivers that were otherwise inaccessible and set up in under 5 minutes.
The Sea Eagle PackFish 7 features:
- A deluxe fishing seat with superior back support
- Built-in rod holders that allow trolling while rowing
- Fish rulers on the side tubes
- Four total storage pockets
- Two cup holders
- Four tracking strips for improved performance,
- Two 5′ oars with oarlocks for hands-free fishing
- Four D-rings on the bottom of the hull for attaching optional carrying straps
- Optional, removable, marine-grade plywood floorboard for when you want to stand and fish
The Sea Eagle PackFish 7 frameless inflatable fishing boat is better than a fishing float tube!
Fishing float tubes offer similar fishing but the Sea Eagle PackFish 7 has some important advantages:
- You sit high and dry in an enclosed hull above the water instead of sitting down in the water with your legs dangling.
- Its draft is as little as 4 inches so you can access shallower waters.
- You have the option to stand and fish with the optional removable wooden floorboard.
- You don’t need to wear waders and fins aren’t required for maneuvering.
Top, Front, and Side Views – Sea Eagle PackFish 7 Frameless Inflatable Fishing Boat
Specifications for the Sea Eagle PackFish 7 Frameless Inflatable Fishing Boat
|Best Use||Lakes, Ponds, Marshes, Bays, Rivers, Creeks|
|Skill Level||Beginner, Intermediate, Advanced|
|Hull Weight||22 lbs (29 lbs w/ wooden floorboard)|
|Interior||4’6″ x 13″|
|Load Capacity||1 person or 300 lbs|
|Deflated||Approximately 5″ x 20″ x 20″|
|Chambers||2 (Main and an additional upper safety chamber)|
|Bladder||30 mil Polykrylar, Internal, 2 Chamber Bladder|
|Air Valves||2 Recessed, One-Way Air Valves in the Boat and 2 in the Seat|
|Inflation Time||Under 5 Minutes|
|Seams||Bladder: High-Frequency Welded, Cover: Overlapped, Double-Stitched Seams Using Industrial-Strength, Nylon Thread|
|Material||30 mil Polykrylar, 840 Denier Nylon Fabric Top, 1000 Denier PVC Coated Polyester Fabric Floor & Underside|
|Floor Material||1000 Denier PVC Coated Polyester w/ Optional, Removable Wooden Floorboard (3’6″ x 15 3/4″ x 1/2″)|
|Inflation Pressure||1.1 psi|
- What Hull Materials Are Used In Sea Eagle Boats?
- Understanding Heavy-Duty Inflatable Boat Air Chamber Materials And Specs
Standard Features of the Sea Eagle PackFish 7 Frameless Inflatable Fishing Boat
- NMMA Certified
- Ultra-lightweight fishing boat
- Hunter-green with high-visibility orange accents for safety
- (2) 36″ fish rulers – one on each side tube
- (2) Built-in, industrial-strength rod holders
- (2) Storage Pouches with built-in cup holders for stowing tackle and tools
- (1) Storage Pouch at the stern behind the seat
- (4) Loop straps, 2 on each side, for securing oars and rods during portaging or when not in use
- (2) Oarlock attachment system so you can be hands-free and concentrate on fishing.
- (4) Carry handles: Heavy-duty, foam-wrap, fabric carry handles at the bow and stern while the oarlocks double as port and starboard carry handles when not rowing.
- 5 Minute inflation and setup.
- 30 mil Polykrylar, double chamber, internal bladder inside an external protective sheath
- Safety air chamber above main air chamber
- Super-comfortable, hunter-green, inflatable seat
- (4) Recessed, one-way air valves: 2 for the boat and 2 for the seat
- Heavy-duty, fabric floor that is fully enclosed, so you remain high and dry
- (4) Tracking strips for improved tracking, stability, and performance in wind and when fighting large fish.
- Backpack for conveniently stowing your PackFish 7
- (4) D-rings on the bottom of the hull for attaching the optional Multi-Purpose Thigh/Shoulder Straps for carrying
- 5′ Oar set
- High-capacity, bellows foot pump made of durable ABS plastic for speedy inflation.
- Pro Package includes a 7 lb. wooden floorboard that provides a stable standing and casting platform (3’6″ x 15 3/4″ x 1/2″)
- Printed owner’s manual with instructions
For a wealth of additional information, check out the Sea Eagle PackFish 7 Owner’s Manual. (Download PDF: 0.8MB)
Key Features of the Sea Eagle PackFish 7 Frameless Inflatable Fishing Boat
The PackFish 7 has two 36″ fish rulers, one on each side tube. No worries about losing or forgetting these conveniently located rulers!
- The PackFish 7 has two built-in, industrial-strength rod holders in the bow of the boat for easy access and trolling.
- Four loop straps, 2 on each side of the boat, secure both oars and rods when portaging or when not in use.
Two Pouch Pockets with Built-In Cup Holders
The PackFish 7 has two conveniently located Storage Pouches with built-in cup holders, great for stowing tackle, tools, snacks, or whatever you like keeping handy.
These pouches use Sea Eagle’s Quik-2-Zip double zipper system for quick and easy access and on the cockpit side, there are additional hook and loop straps for keeping your favorite tools close at hand.
Dimensions: 13″ x 9″ x 4″
Rear Storage Pouches
There is also a sizable storage pouch on the tube behind the seat and another on the back of the seat.
There are four tracking strips on the bottom of the PackFish hull that improve tracking, increase stability, reduce being blown around by the wind, and help with landing those large fish.
There are four D-rings on the bottom of the hull for attaching the optional Multi-Purpose Thigh/Shoulder Straps for carrying the PackFish to a put-in or for portaging.
Sea Eagle’s hunter-green Deluxe Inflatable Kayak Seat is used in the PackFish 7.
With a 5″ elevation off the floor and a 14″ tall back, the seat provides superior positioning and back support for rowing, paddling, and fishing.
Included on the rear of the seat is a pocket for extra storage.
The PackFish 7 Pro Package includes a removable, 7 lb., hunter-green floorboard made from durable marine-grade plywood for a rigid, stable standing and casting platform (3’6″ x 15 3/4″ x 1/2″)
Note: Though the floor of this model is the same. The new PackFish model has a different configuration.
Sea Eagle PackFish 7 Frameless Inflatable Fishing Boat Discount Packages
Sea Eagle PackFish 7 – Deluxe Fishing Package
The Sea Eagle PackFish 7 Deluxe Fishing Package (Model Number PF7K_D) is the super lightweight way to go when packing in a boat to remote fishing locations.
Sea Eagle PackFish 7 – Pro Fishing Package
With the Sea Eagle PackFish 7 Pro Fishing Package (Model Number PF7K_P), you can sit or stand to fish. It’s the perfect package for sight fishing and fly fishing or when standing can give you an added advantage.
This package has the same features as the Deluxe Fishing Package plus a removable, wooden floorboard in hunter-green.
Having the option to stand on a stable platform vastly increases opportunities while fishing. The minimal increase in price due to the addition of the floorboard makes this package my favorite choice.
Just how easy is it to stand up in the PackFish with the use of the floorboard? Check out the video below with Dan from Sea Eagle.
Is the Sea Eagle PackFish 7 Stable Enough to Stand Up On?
The Sea Eagle PackFish 7 Frameless Inflatable Fishing Boats have met the manufacturing standards of the American Boat and Yacht Council (ABYC) for design, construction, and safety and have been certified by the National Marine Manufacturers Association (NMMA).
Sea Eagle Guarantee and Warranties
Sea Eagle 4-Month Trial Guarantee: Try a Sea Eagle Risk-Free for 120 days! “If you’re not totally happy with your boat, just return it in good condition for a full refund of your purchase price.”
Sea Eagle 3-Year Limited Warranty: 3-year limited warranty against any manufacturing defects.
Sea Eagle 3-Year Extended Hull Warranty: In addition to the limited 3-year warranty, Sea Eagle offers a 3-Year Extended Hull Warranty to give you 6-years of total warranty against any manufacturing defects.
Sea Eagle PackFish 7 Frameless Inflatable Fishing Boat Instructions
Instructions and Owners Manual
Looking to buy a PackFish? Checking out the Sea Eagle PackFish fishing boat instructions and owner’s manuals will give you valuable information for making your decision.
Instructions and Owner’s Manual for the Sea Eagle PackFish 7 (Download PDF: 0.8MB)
Sea Eagle PackFish 7 Frameless Inflatable Fishing Boat Instructional Videos
These Sea Eagle videos demonstrate the ease of operating a PackFish 7. The boat’s inflation, setup, operation, breaking down, deflation, storing, and more are covered.